R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Foam vs Rubber Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 09:08 PM
ChadCapece
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastolfart

We should run realistic paint schemes on the bodies instead of the fantastic art work that can be seen.

Why don't we enforce a true 1/10 scale weight limit on the cars we race, (150 Kg's)

Cars should always race with numbers and interior with driver figures.

Drivers and pit crew should wear fire proof driving suits and crach helmets like the real thing while racing

Why don't we limit the cars to true scale speeds of the real cars.

Now thats heading down the realistic route.

When you race at the top to win world championships or sheep stations, money is no object.

A question for my own information and all that have this happen
why do i find that when I run rubber tyres, (includes pre mounts) when the tyre is mounted as true as possiable, after a few runs they actualy go out of round, particularly noticeable where the belt joins are ????

For those who haven't been to a professional race meet, you still need a tyre truer for rubber tyres to scuff off the mould joins and to get the tyre as round as possiable when new.

I am not beeing negative to rubber tyre users, as I run both types of tyre regularly.
-IFMAR and ROAR take realism into consideration when approving bodies. It took Dave at Protoform dozens of molds untill ROAR thought the CTS-V was race worthy.

-What does "money is no object" mean? And why is money no object for the racers at a sheep station?

-If your talking in "scale" terms. Then a hat and t-shirt would be the scale version of a helmet and fire suit.

-They go out of round b/c you hit things.

Last edited by Pro4Capece; 04-29-2005 at 09:19 PM.