R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC Asphalt tire prep
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 08:53 AM
the_real_hova
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bry195
I probably shouldnt make it even harder to find mighty gripper than it already is but on asphalt it’s phenomenal.I always have ludicrous grip. it also does something ive not experienced before. I dont ever have to clean the tires. Even if the track has glazing or sealer or whatever I never have to scrub stuff off. I run outdoor asphalt so dont assume too much. Dust and dirts have to be blown off but none of it sticks. I can Sauce a hard tire down to a medium tire if need be just to give you an idea of how far you can go with it. Ive had several days when the track was terrible and guys packed up and left. On those bad days people always want to know what i did to get traction. Its hard to find in the US but it works very well.

it works particularly well on USGT tires medium traction 90 degree ambient. For some reason I cant get sorex or Solaris at any temp range and sauce recipe to be as good as get tires sauced with the blue. The tires will bow up half way through but they work better that way. The ring of death that eventually takes a tire out seems to be held back by the bowing up of the tire. The ring bows up with the rest of the tire and doesnt turn into a groove. GT tires seem to last longer on the sauce that dry by allot.
Thanks for the tip!
What does your application strategy look like?
How early are you applying? Are you letting it dry? Reapplying before every run? Clean the tire after the end of the day? etc