R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix A800/A800R
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 06:14 AM
trilerian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
I have searched this thread but couldn't find any definitive information on the chassis flex settings on the A800X. What effect does stiffening the centre brace with more screws have? I currently have the centre 2 screwed in with no washers. This worked really well on Grey carpet but last weekend I ran on black carpet for the first time and the car was not as planted. I wondered if playing with flex was the answer as the grip has increased. On grey carpet the rear felt like it would brake away but no matter how hard I accelerated out of the corners it just hung on. On black carpet it felt much less stable and seemed to understeer on entry and oversteer on exit with the same settings. I've attached the setup I was running.

Also the motor mount screws, is it similar to the T4 in that screws in the rear provides better rear grip and screws in the front provides more steering? Is there a minimum number of screws recommended or one that must not be removed?
Quick things to try. Add .5mm shims between the chassis and center brace and add more droop to the front and rear. This will allow the car to roll more, it will be lazier but may get some traction. For a good overall setup for stock motor on black carpet, look at Mike Gee's setups, but you may need the xah chassis, or Mike may be able to help dial you in with the chassis you have.

Good luck!