R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to get crawler
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 09:19 PM
freaksofnature
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpiRC
My vote will definitely be for the trx4 sport kit. I went into the kit with literally no experience in RC or building kits..and it was a piece of cake. Just took longer than I expected..and painting a body, I was in such a hurry..I didn't do a very good job. But..being able to pick a servo that isn't going to fail, and the esc/motor is great. Most ppl with trx4's go with holmes hobby trailmaster 21t / hobbywing 1080 esc (best brushed esc) .. and the best part, the motor is 20 bucks, esc is like 40. Cheap.

I've been loving my trx4 so much, I even started making videos. Just made a fresh one today, check it out if you want.
Well..this forum, for some reason, won't allow me to link URLs...but youtube "TRXellence vol. 4" if you're interested in seeing what a slightly built trx4 sport can do. Only mods I've got, are brass portal covers, metal beadlocks, and a ghetto front battery mount i made out of a watch band and a lego platform, lol. A few other "free mods".
Ya I agree the trx4 us real easy to build and the instructions are in color and all the parts images are 1:1 it can easily go from a bunch of parts to basically a roller in a few evenings. And once the frame is assembled it's pretty Stout and ridged