R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CANT control throttle; Spektrum 6e w/ Eflite UMX Radian
Old 09-18-2019, 05:53 PM
cloudseeder
Tech Rookie

Default CANT control throttle; Spektrum 6e w/ Eflite UMX Radian

First RC plane. I got the UMX Radian from Eflite, (because I knew I would crash so I went for a cheap foam RC)... also, as far as I know, the AS3X receiver helps a lot with stabilization.

I plan to upgrade planes when I learn to pilot basic RC, so I got Spektrum 6e DSMX transmitter so I can control ailerons (etc) in future models.

Problem is, binding was partially successful - for elevator and rudder - but COULD NOT control throttle! it’s “bound” so to speak, but transmitter has no effect at the receiver.

workaround #1: throttle stick is bound, but has no effect. So I decided to use Trim slider as the throttle control. However, this method was unable to provide enough throttle to get airborne (I estimate it maxed 20% throttle?)

workaround #2; reset all binding, started from scratch. now I can get 100% throttle... or 0%. Nothing in between. Stick is assigned, I can see it’s position in transmitter at various levels. But it has no effect on the plane, so I have to toggle a switch, which gives only 0% throttle or 100% throttle. Don’t really want that...

I really can’t figureout how to get the throttle stick to bind and respond as needed!

Can anyone offer guidance? It’s hard to find instructions (6e with UMX radian), since it’s probably trivial for most people with a 6+ channel transmitter to easily bind this basic sailplane.