R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGP!!!
Thread: RCGP!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:53 AM
JCG1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Funkydrummer1
very good points. I think jq has to wear a lot of hats because he doesnt have a choice. I think he would gladly hand off some responsibilities to others if he had qualified people available.
the one thing that pisses me off is Ive heard a pro driver say, I wont name names.. when asked about what he thinks of rcgp " well I have 0 respect for jq, so" .....
what a stupid thing to say. And I think a lot of other racers feel that way. Youve got to look past jq and his antics. The pro rc guys bitch about long races and not enough outside exposure, yet theyre not willing to change their schedule. Its the manufacturers racing contracts as well.
Ryan Lutz and Nemo are joining and thats going to give it a boost.
the first year of rcgp and it was good!! Hopefully next year more teams sign in and we can start watching the pros race more often. Thats what we all want in the long run.
Yep, there is no question JQ needs to build a core management group for RGCP and learn to delegate. He does it wit Keenan White and it works marvels.
And yes, I also heard that comment from the pro driver who had no respect for JQ and therefore would not run RCGP. While undoubtedly short-sighted, we must all recognize folks tend to do business and support people they like. If JQ relishes being the bad boy of RC and pisses people off for the sake of it, he will face greater hurdles and challenges that otherwise would not be there.
I do hope he can recognize RCGP will be better served if he's not the be all end all.