R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGP!!!
Thread: RCGP!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:20 AM
JDMR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
I also think they need to be a little more welcoming of the brands that aren’t franchise level - for example, the teams that aren’t running franchise brands typically just get stamped with the RCGP logo - Ongaro’s Scampi Rosso team is a prime example. It’s like they don’t want anyone to know that he’s running the Associated chassis because AE didn’t buy a franchise. The fact that Davide is walking away with the first title using an “unknown brand” to the masses isn’t helping.

Look, I get it - you want to give the brands that bought in Day One exposure, but if the brands on the outside start getting attention because of what’s going on in the series, don’t you think they’d see value in joining in as well? In order for the Day One teams to benefit, the series HAS to grow, and such treatment is not exactly welcoming.

And finally, I think that at some point, JQ is going to need to decide which hat he wants to wear - whether it’s Head honcho, franchise owner, or driver. There is a blatant conflict of interest there - Not to take anything away from him and what he’s managed to put together, but I think he can effectively lead the series, give another of his up and coming drivers a shot, and hand the JQRacimg RCGP Team keys to run the show while he manages the administrative side of the series. It may not be coming to a head now, but it’s a ticking time bomb. It kind of reminds me of a race organizer I knew years ago who wanted to run the race, but race at the same time - it led to a whole bunch of anger and resentment when things didn’t go his way, or he didn’t have enough time to work on his car to get ready for his own heats - yet he was too stubborn to ask someone to run the race for him on days he wanted to run. It kind of ruined the awesome racing community we had built, not to mention the fact that it turned a lot of onlookers away to see some embarrassing displays of anger from time to time.
for the brand thing I totally get it. others paid a sum of lets just say 1500 dollars to have their brand displayed. now Associated didnt pay their 1500 so they cant advertise the brand thats not RCGPs fault. Thats associateds fault for not wanting to pay a small amount to support the series and have their brand advertised. If associated didnt see fit to advertise then so be it. As far as JQ wearing too many hats yes he should decide whether he wants to race or lead this thing. But like the other guy said im sure there are few qualified people to head up the races and from a first year stand point im sure funding isnt flowing from the rivers either but they are making it happen. Id say year 2 will be better more brands might jump on, and they advertised I believe a 1:1 event they will be aside next year. Once the brands jump on board im sure things will smooth out. But you cant blame the series for providing what they promised to the customers who did pay their way to have the brand displayed.