R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCGP!!!
Thread: RCGP!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Funkydrummer1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default RCGP!!!

So rcgp definitely has had it share of controversy. For those of you who dont know what it is, its basically a new race series concentrated on racing, promoting and coverage of a more professional side of rc racing. Theyre intentions are to promote from the outside in hopes of non rc manufacturers sponsorships. They have a bigger pie bigger pieces for everyone type of vibe. One major downfall is that the "face" of this series is Joseph Quagraine. That dudes middle name is controversy. I personally love the guy. I dont agree with a lot of his opinions but the dude is smart and if people can just take a minute and really look at what he did and does,you would see he really has good intentions for the future of rc. The fact is, some guys dont like him so they just dont give a shit. EVERYONE in pro rc says rc needs a change. Well, here it is. A chance for the worlds best to race monthly instead of yearly. Or every 2 years. There are pros and cons to every new idea. This series is no exception. I really think if the manufacturers get their heads out of their asses, and the team drivers get together, maybe even form some sort of union, I think the rcgp is the future. People say its going to effect the big ifmar and roar races. Well, maybe. Ifmar and roar are nonprofit. We NEED PROFIT organizations. We cant depend on volunteer help to really care as much as the professional racer that needs that check .We need outside money. Whos gonna watch 3 days of ifmar style qualifying??