R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Spektrum Radio DX6R
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 09:15 AM
nikos2002
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and concerns about the radio knockoff, and like you said, It’s nice to see someone representing the company taking the time to answer questions about the product, so thank you for that, Nikos2002.

Well, as I mentioned above, I told myself to come back to the hobby with an open mind... I’ve got a hurricane to deal with first (yep, I’m in Florida - although it’s aiming for well North of me ATM), so I will be seriously considering the DX6R.... I mean, heck - if it gives me a hard time, I can always sell it for whatever I can get and just get myself the Futaba like I was originally planning. 😛
First, used to live in Port St. Lucie and went through 2 hurricanes in a week back in '04, so I know the anxiety around the hurricanes, most scared I have ever been..... so be safe.
Second, glad that you come into it with an open mind, you need to with all r/c products now a days. But chances of issues are there with any product, would be lying to say otherwise. 6R got a bad reputation from the early issues... they desired it - there were issues. But we have fixed them. Its a great working radio, it has the ability to do more than any surface radio on the market. Does that mean there are "limits" - sure, but they are not as limiting as some make them out to be. I touch many different versions of radios throughout a day/week, but going back to the 6R is always a pleasure. Its the best... until I make something better!!! haha!