R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 08:45 PM
rc_square24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snopro31
Yes I put slime on both sides of the gasket, I filed my normal case , now I am trying the alloy case. I line up the marks for diff lhalves .

My leakage since I have been trying these tips for a leak free diff have been fluid on belt and right in front of the diff.

Tomlrrow i will rebuild , you make a great point about the diff holes very easily during the many rebuilds
i could have gotten some in i became more frustrated and less careful I am sure. I will clean build proper and test it out.

Thanks hopefully was just me being careless in frustration searching for a leak free diff
It seems your diff is leaking between the two halves of the diff case as opposed to leaking from the outdrive as I've experienced before. The 419 gasket is thick and should conform well to seal properly. I suggest using a scale to control the amount of oil filled instead of eyeballing until you get a feel for it.

Did any excess oil ooze out during assembly? In your situation it may be the excess oil stuck between crevices that are flinging out when the car is run (but gasket is sealing properly), or an actual leak between the gasket. Overfilling may also cause leaks as the internal pressure builds up during diff action.