R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Spektrum Radio DX6R
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 07:03 PM
TurnNBurn
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Knockoffracer
I've had the 6R for three weeks now, not one real gripe. The battery is replaceable, its not permanent. I managed right around 5 hours of constant running before the radio shut down on me. I know there is the charge cradle, unfortunately there isn't a place to plug it in where I run. I suppose I could plug it into the cars USB on the radio head... lol
Well, that’s nice to know - at least a higher capacity battery is a distinct possibility for the existing radio. So to clarify my previous answer given that, as far as “new” features, development could certainly keep an eye out for better resolution screens in the same form factor - they always improve screens while maintaining roughly the same cost as the previous generation. Newer, faster ARM based processors (I assuming it uses one, considering it runs Android) with lower power draw is always a plus, as it would add performance with less power draw. I would also consider a slightly newer approach to the design. For example, much like how the rear tapers from top to the top of the grip at the rear, so too could the front of the radio get that same treatment to not look so blocky. Not saying it looks necessarily bad, but just by looking at it (I only WISH I had a LHC close enough to handle one), appears a smidge on the too heavy side.

If you were to continue iterating on the same model, if a firmware upgrade could address the boot times and improve power consumption if possible, I’m sure cutlrrent customers would appreciate it. As an accessory, it would be great to see a drop down that is somewhere halfway from how low the existing one hangs - hey, the more options, the better!

And finally, can someone tell me if the small wheel is the same (or really close) to the standard size of Futaba wheels? Only reason I ask is that I have a Kimbrough wheel horn saved from my previous RC stint. I’d probably never be able to use a radio wheel if I can’t use that horn! 🙂