R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which of these touring car kits would you recommend and why?
Old 08-26-2019, 04:49 AM
westerlycarrot9
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
For parking lot and bashing, s shaft driven car is what would suggest. Not that it's a "better" platform but it is easier to maintain and small rocks and debris flying in and out the chassis will be no problem as opposed to hitting the belt, tensioner and pulleys. Of the three choices you've posted, I'd go with the Schumacher.

You might also want to check out more options.

The TT-02 is a standard, all-plastic kit out of the box with a lousy suspension and steering but I'm pretty sure you will end up upgrading this kit and later realize that you've spent so much for it. If you want to go the Tamiya route, there is the TA or TB series. TA cars are belt driven while TB is shaft. Skip the TT unless you're ready to convert it to a KR (check out the TT-02KR thread) which is a fantastic converted TT-02. Otherwise, go for a TB-04R or a TB Evo 5/6/7.

Traxxas 4-Tec is a good shaft driven car for street bashing/rallying out of the box. I have heard and read good things about this kit. The plastics are very durable.

HPI Sport 3 - another shaft kit. I've seen a couple in actual and the people who owns it swore good praises. But like the TT-02, it will require you to upgrade some parts to improve performance and looks of course.

There are many more to choose from. But the ones you choose should also have good products support and parts availability. Tamiya and HPI are available at almost everywhere.
Hmm i get what you're saying but the fact is that i chose those 3 because of their low price point compared to Traxxas and HPI. I mean i've already spent too much money for my TRX-4 and SCX10-II those past months so