R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba T4PM, KO Propo EX-2 or sth else?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 05:56 AM
uDi_MP7.5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would choose either the 4PM or MT-S / MT44 over other brands personally, but just be aware that any speed benefits from the 4PM require the full setup.
If you aren't going to run the 4PM with the 334 receiver and expensive Futaba SR servos, you won't be able to utilise the faster SR mode.

The benefit of the Sanwa is that it has a very fast SHR mode (only slower than Sanwa's own faster modes, to my knowledge) which will work with any brand digital servo.
It's not a big deal to carefully file down a few servo plugs to fit (if needed), at least in my experience. I use both Futaba and Sanwa servos.

The MT44 does have a rubber handle, but it makes little difference IMO, I prefer the MT-S wheel feel (same mechanical feel as MT-4S, which has same tx/rx response speed as MT44 but a little hard to find now).
The MT44 is a little springier and bounces more on return, but I did get used to it. The MT-4S and MT-S wheels are my favourite.
Some people have opposite preferences so as mushroomed said you do have to try yourself.
I stress these are minor differences though, I would happily use any of them.

If you get the MT-S or MT44 get the combo with 482 RX
If you get the 4PM get the combo with 334 RX (if you want to utilise SR mode in future)