R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Radio? If yes, Futaba 4PX or new 4PM?
Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 AM
Galatians2 20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default New Radio? If yes, Futaba 4PX or new 4PM?

Hey all,

Background as to why I'm asking this question.

I recently got back into RC and have been starting to hit the track. I run 1/8 nitro truggy and next year will also be getting a 1/8 nitro buggy to run both classes.

I'm currently using my old Futaba 3pm 2.4ghz radio and am wondering if I need to upgrade? I'm not one to keep up with the current and buy new just b/c its out if I don't have to; so please be real with me as I'm looking for sound advice.

I'm just hitting the track for fun and improving my driving skills. Would I like to win some? Sure once I get more track time but its not like I'm going to be mad if I don't. I'm out there to get better and have fun.

Is the controller I'm using going to have a huge impact on my driving? I know the biggest factor in this is me. I want to know its worth the investment. I currently have the capability of storing 10 recievers (more then enough) and seem to be able to program the basic things I need in ST & TH trim, speed, epa, fail safes and a bunch of other stuff.

If the controller does make a difference as I've been hearing which is better. The 4PX is older but seems to have a bit more and to me looks a little cooler. I've seen them getting sold for around the price of the new 4PM so that's why I'd like to hear which is actually better.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any info.

-CJ