R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 06:15 PM
snopro31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_square24
In my experience, leakage only happened at the outdrives and not between the case and pulley, whether its plastic or aluminum. Ive tried changing the amount of fluid I fill but they still leaked. Once I changed to xray 972050 orings it stopped the leak. They're a bit larger so has more drag but is leak free.

I think the diameter of the oring recess on the TRF419 diff cases are a bit too large for the Tamiya red orings. Even with the outdrive inserted, the outer edge of the oring just barely touches the wall of the recess. The depth of the recess is also greater than the thickness of the oring, so adding shims won't compress the oring to make a better seal.

IMO the aluminum diff case helps dissipate heat to keep the fluids more consistent and doesn't fix leakage if that's your problem. With the plastic diff cases I always sand the seating surface for the gasket to make sure its flat. The gasket is quite thick so maybe the sanding is not necessary, but I haven't had any leakage in between the case halves.

I ordered some Axon black and clear orings to test if they provide a good seal with less resistance than the xrays. Will report back the results.
I am running the axon clear orings , they work well I did not switch diff cases for leakage the plastic ones leaked so very little it wasn't an issue but the new alloy leaks about the same so I was just asking if anyone had similar results. because if someone has zero leaks I want zero leaks lol.
your in Vancouver can I ask your name? or your initials I think they are T.T as we hit a lot of races in bc would be nice to put a face to you I assume you race at rrr or overgeared? IF your initials are T..T I am rob I have met you a few times I think we even did some Tamiya parts swapping at the big chill a few years ago when Ivan was there with you

Last edited by snopro31; 08-08-2019 at 06:27 PM.