R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2wd buggy from tekno????? (roomer)??? or fact
Old 08-08-2019, 12:31 AM
dnsducks
Tech Adept

I had the same random thought the other day and am Just now stumbling on this thread. I too was interested in the 1/10 2wd stuff as that is what I run (stadium, short course, and buggy) so I emailed Tekno to find out what the odds were of them releasing a 2wd 1/10 kit, presumably buggy in the near future. I am kind of leisurely shopping around for a 4wd buggy kit and I like having parts interchange between kits. The EB410 seems like a real winner. I would consider selling off my HPI/ HB racing stuff to go "full Tekno" (que the dance music and light show) if it was an option. Durability is a big deal for me hence why I started with HPI and been maintaining it for nearly 10 years (Blitz ESE still going strong). I feel like all the manufactures have really upped their game in that time in the durability department, but am curious what others opinions are on that subject.
I certainly appreciate Tekno's patience on entering new markets and primary focus on product and performance. pretty awesome really.

Anyways, here is the response I got.

Tekno RC <[email protected]> (sent by [email protected])

Aug 7, 2019, 12:04 PM (12 hours ago)
to me

Dan,
We are interested in entering a few of the markets you mentioned, however these ventures take time. With the popularity of our brand growing we continue to bring innovation and new products to the table.However I can say that at this time we are not going to release a 2wd kit in the immediate future and will probably not have one ready for the public for a while.Great things take time Thanks for your interest in our products however and hope that one day we will be your brand of choice.Best regards,Thomas Jones

Last edited by dnsducks; 08-09-2019 at 04:57 PM.