R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 06:05 AM
Tom1977
Tech Addict

Installed the items on my TA07MS.
For TRF419XR it's the same...

I wanted a more narrow track width in the rear, so I decided for XB-XB-Blocks. I realized a 0.5 degrees rear toe in with N2/N1 inserts. Most of you will went with A-A blocks in the rear...

Inserts are snug and you have eventually readjust your wheelbase with your spacers. I flipped the 1.0mm to the rear and due to tighter tolerances I removed the 0.5mm shim from axles.

Weight is nearly the same. The seperate blocks are the same, the mono block is slightly lighter.

To achieve a 2.5 degrees overall toe in, I decided for the new 2.0 degrees aluminium uprights. This gives me the chance to set 2.0 or 3.0 overall toe in via inserts.

You add approx. 3 grams with this uprights. Tolerances are very good.

On front I will go with 0.5 C-C which I will realize with A-A blocks and N6/N6 inserts. Parts will arrive tomorrow...

Overall - it's not a must have, but a may have hop up. Especially if you already have all old blocks for your racer, it's not necessary to update.

P.S. in picture #5 I realized that the XB-monoblock was mounted wrong. I flipped it (markings to the arms) and added the 0.5mm spacer again.

Last edited by Tom1977; 08-06-2019 at 12:40 PM.