R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2019 ROAR Fuel On-Road Nationals - Sept 19-22 - Toledo, OH
Old 08-06-2019, 05:28 AM
British Menace
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
W

Probably why you never race in California or anyplace west of the Mississippi river. they have been racing 4 min quals for last 6 years. Most fast guys barely make 4 minutes on fuel there. when you race somewhere 90% of the time that runs 4 minutes it is hard to justify spending a couple grand to fly cross country to a race where you have to run so lean to barely make time or be off pace. It is just different not whinning it is called stating an opinion and your entitled to yours no matter how dumb I think it is.
Hold on .... now this confuses me as well as interest's me.
You, and the area you race have been running 4min qualifiers for 6 year's? ....The engine's you run only just make 4 minute's? As engine's "we" buy are from dealer's and I take it you are not producing special engine's just for your area, you must then be modifying engine's to only make 4 minutes?! The same engine's we buy and maybe mod' also, but to make 5 minutes?

If you plan on going to a ROAR event or an event which plan's on running 5 minute qualifiers. There is no need to mod your engine to go only 4 minute's. Modify them, like the rest of us do, but will still make 5 minute's!? Or just run the engine stock, then modify to run 4 minutes once you return from the "5 minute Qualifier" event?!
We are all in the same boat. The modification cost on the engine would be the same.

Or, as you said, don't spend the extra on an engine and don't go. (saving the money on an engine to run 5 minutes ..... which you will eventually get any way and mod' to run 4 minutes???)
Seam's odd logic to use when stating this for the reason not to attend an event? But, as you said. You are entitled to your opinion.

We will miss you and the support you would have lent the on-road class's by attending, especially considering the huge talent staying away due to this "opinion" and this, to me, "odd logic"

I hope you will, in future, re-consider and attend such similar event's sir.

Regards
BM