R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo BD9
Thread: Yokomo BD9
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 04:50 AM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
nats were won by cav with a totally standard car and the new protoform turismo, not very far off of the reedy setup thats been floating around actually. The longer 55mm front arms, normal t plate, stock front tower, stock chassis/top deck was used on almost everyones car. the only super trick thing going on is weight placement. its all about low cg and front speedo placement right now. maybe we'll get some tungsten or something. I am really interested to see what the 2020 car will have since the 2019 car is so good already.
For the average club racer running the nats we were able to make the USGT main with two different versions of the car. One with an aluminum chassis and one with the stock chassis. I ran the +1 front shock tower as is did feel smoother for me when run back to back. Biggest thing we all did was double up on the shims under the pivot blocks. Instead of 1.0 I ran 2.0 under everything. We all had the standard arms and shafts and the mod guys had the new longer arms and shafts. Car felt really good in the heat.