R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 09:33 AM
glennhl
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
"A lot" is very relative, before I would run a silver axon 2.5 spring which is softer than an xray 2.5 spring. With the testing I did with the laydown style shocks the springs I used were xray 2.8 front and xray 2.7 rear, on Medium bite black carpet.

Regardless if all it does is lower the CG, it lower lap times and makes the car handle better. I think that there is more to it than that, but if you don't thats ok. The car isnt for everyone, we are trying something different, with the laydown style shock angles.

I guess what I mean to say is that, this is a public forum, and only negative comments are not helping us move the platform forward . But we are trying to move the platform forward, and from the initial testing of all the new parts its really good.

The newer kits are coming with a host of new design changes, they laydown shocks are an upgrade. That may not work great for everyone in all circumstances, we just need some more time to do some testing with them. I look forward to getting it back on the track, because it was a blast to drive the last time I went out.
Please don't consider my comments as negative, they are meant as constructive criticism. I like that you guys are trying different things, however, in this case I just don't get it. Maybe the lower CG offsets the fact that the spring and shock compresses less during roll. However, the last thing I want to do is to make you guys feel badly, so I will restrain from making any other criticisms, constructive or not. However, it would behoove you guys to try and understand exactly what you are doing.

EDIT: And one other possibility is that the loss of motion is a good thing. It allows the car to roll more in a corner creating a little more grip during the roll (less weight transfer during the longer transition). And possibly the car was over damped and the loss of motion fixes that problem. But again, understanding the change is essential to good engineering.