R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New LIHV advice
Thread: New LIHV advice
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:03 AM
TheWorstDriver
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kodakhodak
Keen to pick your brain on the Maclan Racing LiHV Graphene 8500mAh 120C 7.6V Race Formula Battery - currently running new Mugen MBX8 Eco with Hobbywing Exerun XR8 Plus ESC & 1900kV Hobbywing Motor - will this battery be a good combination for competition and general bashing?

Link:

Any help would be appreciated, as I am back in the game after 5-6 years out of it.

Cheers Frank
Frank
For the Eco you would want to run the 15.2v LiHV or similar. The Hobbywing Exerun XR8 Plus ESC & 1900kV Hobbywing combo is literally perfect for that buggy, I've heard good things from people who run that. For bashing or track practice I would probably recommend a cheaper but still good option of the 14.8v SMC brand Lipo for e-buggy. ( https://www.smc-racing.net/ ). I have no affiliation with them, but I have two of the batteries, and am happy with the price to performance ratio. I would not run the Maclan Racing LiHV Graphene 8500mAh in a 1/8th scale e-buggy, 7.6v is not sufficient and will fail quick. stick to 14.8-15.2v voltage range for e-buggy. I'm not an e-buggy expert by far, but I have tested the above mentioned batteries to be good. Stop in after you have run what you get, and let us know how it worked out. cheers.