R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Nats - One lined tracks
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 08:28 PM
wolf16731
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Primarily by introducing more people to the hobby, which to be honest, is desperately needed. It’s not anywhere NEAR what it used to be in my area 20-25 years ago.
More truth to this statement than some know. Its hard to believe for a lot of us who have been in RC for a while, but everywhere I have been where I raced there were a LOT of people who would see my rigs in passing whether at a park, me pulling them out of my Jeep before or after a day of racing, whatever.. where people would see them and start asking questions. Some would even tell me that they have a certain model, and almost all of them would look at me in disbelief when I tell them that they have a track in the local area, often within 20 minutes of their house. Quite a few of these people have lived in that particular area all of their lives and NEVER KNEW they had a track they could go to! I personally make it a goal to get the ones truly interested into the next race's novice class no matter what it takes, even if they have to use one of mine to do it.

I've gotten entire families into racing doing things like that, and unfortunately, not even that is enough anymore it seems.