R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Understanding F1 Tuning: Let’s break it down
Old 07-30-2019, 02:29 AM
xevias
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Asphalt. And since they were Arrowmax re-branded tires, I'm not sure which version. Probably V5 as they were similar to the handout tires at AOC race.

No change worked. We did everything with 3 cars. Well, almost everything. It was a very strange race day. We had every extreme condition covered from super hard to super soft and all of it had absolutely no change on the feeling of the car or lap times.

Now I'm hoping to understand the side link positions and heights and how they affect cornering. I believe I remember Vessel saying the V side link position generates a little rear turn in, but need confirmation. I also believe putting shims under the links changes roll center, but don't remember where to put the shims and how that change affects cornering.

Your suggestions are logical to me because I ended up with a super soft front with a super hard center for the last final, but this set up change did nothing to get the push out.

The only difference between my car and P1 was his gear ratio was lower to get him in and out of the corners a little faster. I'm looking to destroy him next round.