R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent SRX8-GT
Thread: Serpent SRX8-GT
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 07:51 PM
TurnNBurn
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Rctech on an iPad makes me want to pull my hair out.....

anyway, I participated in the pre worlds. 3 out of only 5 serpents present made it to the finale! I won every qualifier that I finished. Got second behind Desoto in the semi finale with a blown tire in the last 2 minutes and even with that run still managed to qualify 6th overall! Finished 9th in the finale but nothing went right for me in the main... had the pace I wanted but not the luck! Desoto didn’t have his car built til Friday. Bobby had never run GT before in his life and his car was also brand new. And me I had my car only 3 weeks before the race. So Desoto and I spent Thursday and Friday bouncing setups and trying everything we could think of! Ultimately I got my car dialed in perfect for me and was only a couple of tenths off of Joaquin’s fastlap s I was content! We have some nice “worlds” parts coming soon to prepare for the upcoming worlds in January!
Considering how few Serpents were out there, not to mention the fact that the car is only a few months old, that was a pretty good showing in what seemed like an ocean of IGT8's. Wish I could've stayed for the mains, but I only had about 2 hours to hang out. Anyway, I enjoyed the little bit of time I was out there, and I've definitely got the itch! Just packed up my old Serpent Impulse to ship it out to the buyer, so I've made the room for a 750 to start out with. As I mentioned above, the SRX8 GT looks like a good entry point back into 8th, and I'll be happy to represent.