R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Mini-Z Series
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 06:43 AM
Scionara05
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EMU
when I raced f1 at 360, I bought a used xray on ebay, rebuilt it, and drove it. There was a bad axle bearing which blow mid run during the main and I ended up burning ot the esc (which was a cheap quickrun), swapped all the bearings and the ESC to a Justock, and the next race was great and I was competitive. Roland and I battled for the lead, and I managed to come off with the win.

I wouldn't have been able to be competitive without my mini-z experience and knowledge gained from running these cars. The 1/10 f1 felt slow and easy to place, but traction felt low even when everyone was saying that it was high. With 1/28, we need a lot more traction since the cars are so much faster relative to the size. It's so much easier to move upscale than down... but much of the setup theory does translate.
when I transfetransferred over to mini z it wasnt a steep learning curve compared to just starting with mini z. What I had to learne is the difference in chassis that are available in the market and finding parts meant for them. Like electronics and micro servo boards. If I was never told that I wouldve ended up buying another 300 dollar radio instead of using things I already have to my advantage. 100 bucks in parts is a lot more doable than 300 on just 1 radio