R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Roadrunners RC Club V.2
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:45 PM
kommando98
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by enare
Dont forget about us dirtbags over in offroad. I mean, those onroad guys are clean and all, but we have all the fun! lol

glad to hear you made it out. i have had a blast racing at roadrunner with my son too. look forward to seeing you around.

for onroad, i dont know what car, but, i would say, after my experience in offroad, go for the car that is easiest to drive. My son drove my b64 for the first time this weekend and it was like he became a comletwly different driver. he has been racing a 2wd stadium truck and slash 2wd.
Oh I haven't forgotten about off-road. We were just busy getting my on-road car all sorted out. It was previously run on carpet so there was a bit of work getting it to run right on the asphalt.

I have a partially assembled b6.1 in the garage that I need to finish up and get out there for off-road. My son certainly seems more interested in off-road (loves the jumps!) and while I think it would be cheaper to get him into on-road, I'll have to see what he's most interested in when he's able to run both cars.

I think 4wd buggy might be easier for him to drive than my 2wd, but I'm guessing that I'm going to be his crew chief so I'd like to have him running something similar to what I am, but we'll see.