R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Mini-Z Series
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 11:59 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b.wihardja
Our local competition limits the weight of the superstock 3500 class to a minimum of 160 grams so that everyone tries to reduce the weight to near 160 grams. Can an additional 15 grams to 175 grams affect the punch and speed? honestly for handling I prefer the heavier ones, but I don't want to lose in speed
I am interested in this as well. I just weighed my cars the other night when EMU talked about car weight. I just got a couple pack of Eneloops and weighed my cars with them.

Box Stock-Ferrari 458 White Body painted, all parts and decals- 168.9grams
Stock 90mm Porsche GT1 white body painted and decals, Atomic pod, PN70T motor, inner-tube damped front end- 176.5grams
Pro-Stock 102mm LM Mazda 787B white body painted and decals, Atomic pod, Atomic 48T motor-179grams

First off I am not sure how you can get a car down to 160grams, the 458 body is noticeably lighter than any of the bodies I have checked though I would like to see how it compares to the the Porsche GT3 body. With that said I would think a Box Stock car could go lighter and still perform well.

I do wonder if both my Stock Car and Pro-Stock car would benefit from some additional weight. My GT1 will traction roll if I get ham fisted but I have done a bunch of stuff to alleviate traction rolling and it worked but I do wonder what a few grams on the bottom of the car would do for it. My Pro-Stock car is pretty fast but when I get lazy/tired and start getting less smooth with the throttle I get wheel spin and I wonder if a little more weight on the back of the car would increase straight ahead traction.

Cheers,
Jim