View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 09:32 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matman3 View Post
Please forgive an outsider butting in. I travel for work quite a lot so I research the RC environment prior to me visiting.

I have been in this situation a few times and might have some ideas that might help with raising money and a steady head count.
The best idea for raising funds is what a previous person mentioned. A buy in. $1000 is a bit extreme but $500 is doable for most. We spend that much on the latest and greatest but $1000 the wife will definately find out about.
Next idea is a junker round up. Each person in the club donates a RTR ideally but anything would work to auction off on Ebay. Proceeds go to the club.
Finaly, work with Amazon and set up the club with them. If anyone uses the club link to purchase anything, the club gets a percentage.

Head count is easy. Make it fun and keep the kids involved. Theme races, reversed the track unexpectantly, buddy racing (one blind folded and with controller), money pot race (all donate $5-10, fast of one special 5 lap race gets pot).
Kids. If the kids are involved, the parents will be shortly. In between heats, find kids, dads or moms from the spectators to run a few beaters we all have in the garage. I have seen a club ask a spectator to team with a racer. If the racer wins they get a prize. I have even seen a club build a float for a holiday parade, drive a variety of cool, good looking cars and trucks as they proceed down the parade route. There are lots of ideas floating around.
I hope any of these might help.
All good ideas. It's getting anyone other than myself to act on them to get the wheels to turn.