R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Nats - One lined tracks
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 11:32 AM
iplaygames
Suspended

Originally Posted by token
I would like to see those complaining about the event, build and run a track, then host Nationals. Its sad that most of the complaints come from people that did not attend, are not ROAR members, do nothing for the hobby or lives outside of the ROAR block. Yes ROAR have issues, but this is what we have. To make drastic changes, IFMAR would have to be involved as well, I think. Yes Nats are Nats, but for the top 20 racers, its IFMAR Worlds Qualifying as well. Everyone screams "Off Road" but just a few years ago the racers wanted a higher grip surface. Since then, the industry have went that way, from tracks, to chassis, to tires. Now people want to B!t(h and complain. How about build a track or better volunteer to help ROAR.

I thought this years Nats was one of the better ones. The track was hard to drive (dont care why), and competition was close all weekend. No one just checked out and lapped the field 9 times. This is how a National Championship should be from a competition stand point.
There's a person really striving for a better system/race, one like other motorsports have, where you gain points. but everyone is too soft and get "offended online by facts and truth" this man speaks(yet they still follow him??)
A national championship should never be decided by 4-5 days of practice(incl qual) and not racing anyone, then relying on 1 semi. point system, multiple tracks, prove who really is the best at the time.
Spencer won the last indoor race that was similar to this a few years ago? didn't phend also tq?
These kind of tracks have their place, but not a one stop shop for a championship - current format doesnt allow for a TV quality broadcast because practice and qual for days is boring.

thats my thoughts on it.