R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Nats - One lined tracks
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 09:50 AM
Big Will
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Yeah unfortunalty as nice of a facility as Thornhill is. This race should never be held there. We already know what the surface does with thousands of laps on it. Did the same type of thing in 2016. This was an indoor race for a class of vehicle that is probably raced a good 90% on outdoor tracks with no roofs. The nationals track should be what the average track is, truly outdoor. These guys spent a ton of cash to run on a track that is unlike anything they would ever run on. If this wasnt a National championship race and called the Indoor National Championships then this was probably the perfect surface.

I could not believe the hack fest going on in the lower mains. Wow! I was so frustrated for some of those guys. Lol. Such a shame grown men driving with such a lack of racing professionalism. Children don't even drive like this.
Should never be held there? WHAT?!? Just because you don't like the surface? Have you ever paid The Dirt to come build you a track? Have thunderstorms roll in afterwards watch all your money wash away. Rebuild to just watch another thunderstorm wash it away again? Have you ever shelled out the money for anything like that? I would bet if you had, you would have put a roof over your track, if you had the money, to keep something like that from happening again. Thornhill is an amazing track with people that put a TON of work in for people to drive toy cars. It will never pay for itself and people like you and JQ over here bashing it.
can't wait for you or JQ to build something "better".............