R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed for sons first car.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 10:07 AM
Brian10811
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elusiver
I haven't raced in over a decade, my 13yo son came across my old hotbodies cyclone when we were cleaning out the garage and showed a lot of excitement. Took him to my local RC club to show him what it's about and now he really wants to race!

Sadly, the old cyclone is in bad shape, and considering that spare parts will be a struggle to come by I'm looking at options to get him a new car. Back when I raced there were really only a few competitive manufacturers, now there are sooo many options and manufacturers then there were a decade ago so I'm a little lost.

Given that this will be his first car, I'm looking for something that will be competitive without breaking the bank. I came across the shumacher mi1v2 which is at a really attractive price point, looks like it would be competitive and is from a manufacturer that I've heard of so I'm fairly sure spare parts should be easy to find. Could anyone suggest an alternatives in this price point that may be better value?

Thanks in advance,
el
I think for the price the Express is a great kit. Some guys have ran this kit at the track and is strong and the parts are cheap. The kit comes with at good body and cost $149.00. I found it on RCMart. Here is the link. Xpress Execute Sport XQ1S 1/10 ARTR Touring Car with Mon-Tech Racer Light #XP-90013,
If you want to spend more you can get the one with all the upgrades but it will put you in a closer price range of Xray and all the other brands. I run Xray T4 18 and just like mentioned above is a great kit. I also really like the Infinity kits. In fact I will be switching to Infinity next season. Here is the Infinity kit link. http://www.creationmodel.net/index.php/infinity-1-8/infinity-if14-1-10-ep-
touring-car