R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 AM
bertrandsv87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
My comment was aimed more at Bert who has a long history on this forum of running with concepts without understanding them properly. However you haven't said much that addresses my comment about total inertia vs rotational inertia. The drivetrain inertia is fairly negligible compared to the rotational inertia of the wheels or the total inertia of the car.

Regarding Berts plan to use a tungsten rotor shaft to prove the theory - just use a heavier pinion. That's actually legal.
Using a heavier pinion is not a bad idea at all if it was made of 14grams heavier tungsten , but it can only be done legally with the muchmore titanium rotors that will eliminate any steel shaft magnetic interference, causing an extra gain of top end Rpms while weighing more...That would mean a total rotor+pinion weight of 36.2grams vs 24gram(with aluminum pinion)...You guys keep forgetting that I already lost 52grams of drivetrain mass, and adding a little 14gram to the rotor is just an effort to balance out both rotor and load inertias...Maybe adding a tungsten pinion to a tungsten rotor shaft for a 50+gram rotor will yield better results....Thanks gigaplex for the recommendations....Lots of good ideas in this thread....