R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB8E thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 11:16 PM
dgrobe2112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheWorstDriver
Hey guys, I'm going to need some help here.

I'm converting my XB8 2019 Nitro practice car into an E-buggy. Its my first entry into E-buggy, so I didn't want to go all in with a new E-kit just yet. I picked up all of the 2018 E-buggy conversion parts on the cheap (see pic below). Hopefully those will still line up with the 2019 chassis, if you see an issue let me know. I'll be running the Tekin RX8 Gen 3, with the Tekin 1900Kv. Also looks like I'll be running the Maclan LCG 5200mAh Graphene 4S 15.2V Carbon 120C Race Formula LiPo Battery, but I'm open to suggestions. Might try the SMC and Protek packs. I will be racing at the club races locally until I get the hang of E-buggy, so it needs to run full out for 10min heats.

Couple questions:
1. Is the center diff gearing the same (46T)?
2. Diff oils about the same (6K 7K 3K)?
3. What pinion (large outdoor)?
4. I've got lighter sway bars, any other recommendations?

Here is the kit I picked up, any other parts you think I might need, or E-specific parts I need to stock? I've got a ton of 2019 parts for my nitro's, I assume most suspension, & drive-train parts cross over, but let me know. If I like running this E-thingy, I'll be picking up a new kit later this summer.

Thanks!

Looks like your on the right track.. I run 46/16 or 17 pinion. Diffs and setup are same to my nitro. Maybe just a tad stiffer on diffs.. for you I might also go 50 higher on shocks as well.. I personally run 2x 2s shorties to balance weight..