R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX8
Thread: Mugen MBX8
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:17 PM
Chrisgewrgi
Tech Initiate

Default Answer

Originally Posted by morgoth
I remove the diff from the car and started remove parts inside the diff until it was free.

In the end I had just and empty diffcup and spur gear with the outdrives in it and it still locked up. So no O-rings, washer, gears or the small pins inside the diff. Just and empty diff with outdrives that I could pull out if I wanted to.
This made me belief that the outdrive or diffcup has a small mark in it that made it lock. I created a fine polishing tool for my dremel and started to polish the inside of the diffcup where the outdrive goes. Then I put the outdrive in a drill and polished the outdrive. After mouting everything back together is better, but still not like the front diff. But maybe it betters after running the car.

I'll do the rear diff tomorrow and see how it goes.

Or maybe the grease is bad that I'm using? I'm using Mobil 1 100% synthetic grease (the red stuff). I always used that on my MBX6 and MBX7 and never had problems with it. But I didn't race RC for 5 years and I my grease is about 10 years old now. Maybe there is something better for that purpose now.
i dont thing its the grease the problem.this is strange.maybe ur diff case its too loose inside there where the outdrive go.