R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS FS26S-C 4-stroke development
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 05:46 PM
timjs
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Broloff28
First I’d just like to say that I’m super happy that this thread is back up and running again. It was a long 6 months waiting for some updates. Second, I’ve been working on my magnum .52 this weekend. I pulled the head and cleaned everything and just checked out the piston and cylinder wall and they looked good. The motor has been sitting for about a year now so I thought I should check everything out. If there’s anyone that has an old heavyweight flywheel they’d be willing to sell, please shoot me a pm because I was able to get the motor to fire and run for a few seconds, but it won’t idle at all. I put the stock carb and exhaust back on just to get it running right before change them. It seems like the motor wants to run really rich. Is this common? Any advice on what kind of fueling these motors like would be greatly appreciated. Actually any advice at all would be welcomed. My plan is to get it running good with stock carb and pipe, then go to a big 2 stroke pipe and probably a trx 3.3 slide carb, and see how that performs before I do anything else
Skip the stock carb completely. Use the 3.3 carb. The idle screw will likely need to be all the way in to idle. The HSN will be the only adjustment since the LSN will be completely pulled from the seat.
HOWEVER there is some strange conicidence of science or magic that makes the Traxxas carb work perfect for 4 strokes Ive seen it used on.
As for a heavy flywheel... have you already cut the crankshaft??