R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Roll center
Thread: Roll center
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyRigs
I know I’ve seen a post explaining in detail every thing you would need to know about roll center but now I can’t find it. I just changed the body on my slash 2wd I run on asphalt, went from a jconcept 72 Chevy scalpel speed body to a rc8 1/8 buggy body and now it just pushes through corners. I’m thinking with the lower hung, narrower, lighter, and shorter body That I am not getting the roll I was before. I disconnected my sway bar made the tiniest bit of difference. So I was thinking I should probably lower my camber links down a hole on the shock towers and that should help if I’m understanding roll center right. If anyone knows the thread I’m talking about a link would be greatly appreciated, or any thing else you think might help.
Lowering the inner mount should make a small change to roll center. If you can raise the lower arm mount, that would lower the roll center more drastically. This is assuming you have your ride height low enough that the arms angle up from the chassis to the wheel.

Last edited by 0010; 05-30-2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Clarifying