R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Father's Day Car Show Race - Sunday, June 16 - Kelowna, BC
Old 05-28-2019, 04:31 PM
lpittman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Father's Day Car Show Race - Sunday, June 16 - Kelowna, BC

Hey guys! I am organizing a single day race here in Kelowna on father's day during the Boyd's Father's Day Car Show on Sunday, June 16th.

First off - I realize schedules are tight and this is a tough date to make work for most, but it's the best opportunity for us to raise awareness of RC in BC as there will be 20,000 to 30,000 people going through the car show that we will be exposed to during the day.

The race will take place on a concrete basketball surface in front of some bleachers. We will be spraying the surface with sugar water to build some grip. I have checked out the surface and am confident grip won't be a problem, although tire wear could be a bit high.

We will run 4 offroad (will throw out jumps for the offroad classes) and 4 onroad classes, hopefully including a heat of nitro touring car.

You can check out the event on RC Signup - and even go ahead and sign up.

Please keep in mind the schedule is tentative and is flexible, as are the classes that we will run.

This is not a serious race, but more an opportunity to showcase our hobby to the public.

https://www.rcsignup.com/events/disp...nt.cfm?ID=7081

Really hoping for some support from some out of towners.

Last edited by lpittman; 05-28-2019 at 04:41 PM.