R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cheap servos and Spektrum receivers
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 03:38 PM
Northernbob
Tech Rookie

Default Cheap servos and Spektrum receivers

I have a cheap Amazon 20kg servo (Zoskay DS3218) that will not work on any of my spektrum receivers (SR210/SR415). I had installed my Spektrum receiver and it worked great the the stock servo. I thought id "upgrade" to a stronger servo. The stock servo was removed working. I have tried everything I can think of and had to eventually put my TRX4 sport back on the TQ radio where it works fine on the cheap servo. I verified all the spektrum receivers worked in other vehicles after I tried in the TRX4 and there were no issues steering and throttle work just fine. All the servos I tried on the spektrum receivers when in the TRX4 would not work. They all worked on other vehicles with the same spectrum receivers this includes the stock servo. I did not try the cheap servo on my other vehicles wasn't sure what was gong on at that point. The TRX4 has the XL5hv in it. Radios are DX5C and DX5 pro, receivers SR210/SR415. I really want back on my Spektrum radios as I have more control over everything compared to the steering trim only TQ radio.

I'm just trying to make sense of this.

Any thoughts?