R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Smart break-in system
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 07:45 AM
Mbx4man
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This seems a bit much to me. All this expensive equipment and I bet it does nothing to extend the life of that motor or make it run any better. I've broke in and tuned an out of the box bs HPI motor and it ran great. Threw a different head on it, an OS carb, and cut the pullstart nub off and the thing was a beast. I've had an OS .12 and a .15 that could idle a tank of fuel through it if I wanted and with just a blip of the throttle it was flying in my cars. I still have my 15 year old OS RZ that throws my truggy around like a rag doll, and I bought a used motor that was said to need a rebuild but with a couple adjustment blows the tires loose on my buggy and after a tank of fuel I can grab the head and carry the car. Every motor I've bought I broke in the old fashion way and tuned. It just takes patience and small adjustments to make these things run good. All this oil bath break in and expensive break in machines are just too get more money out of you and really don't do much in my opinion.

Just 2 cents guys. 🤷🏻*♂️