R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions
Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

A message from Scotty Ernst:

Hello everyone,

As we draw closer to the Reedy Race of Champions, I wanted to send out this email with some basic event info and get pit space requests.

IMPORTANT!
Speed limits posted on Speedway property MUST be adhered to. Please do not jeopardize the future of the track and event by speeding.

Drones are not allowed on Speedway property.

Please pick up your trash at the end of each race day to ensure a pleasant experience for all racers.

PIT SPACE REQUEST:
I know many of you travel with friends and we want to do all we can to try and pit you with your friends. To facilitate that, I would like to ask you to please do the following.

Please list the names of the racers who would like to pit together. Most important is to make sure the names you list are not planning to pit with sponsors or teams. Please send this to [email protected] no later than Sunday night May 19th. I will do all we can to try and fill your requests.

You must use subject: REEDY RACE PIT SPACES

Items to bring to the event:
Remember that you will need to bring power strips for your pit spaces. Tables,Chairs and electricity will be provided, but you will need to reach from your table to the power outlet.

Nice things to have:
Sunscreen
Towelettes (no convenient running water)

Concessions:
The speedway provides a small concession stand that sells hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, ice cream, drinks, etc.

Parking:
Plenty of parking is available at Steel City Raceway. There is some parking inside the track area and plenty of parking outside the track area. Please be aware and respect the reserved parking space for our sponsors and media that is located inside the track area.

Tires sales:
Please do your best to bring cash for tires sales as I do not know if our mobile CC machine will work in this area.

Below is the schedule for the Reedy Race but know this is subject to change.

Wednesday, May 22
Early check-in, motor distribution, and tire sales from 12:00-6:00
Thursday, May 23

Gates open at 7:00
Check-in, motor distribution, and tire sales
Four rounds of controlled practice by heats for all classes begins at 9:00
Friday, May 24

Controlled practice sessions for Open class drivers from 7:30–8:30
Driver's meeting
Racing begins at 9:00
Open: Two rounds of Open class-controlled practice to seed the qualifying heats, plus round 1 of qualifying
Invitational: Four rounds racing
Saturday, May 25

Open: Rounds 2, 3, and 4 of qualifying in re-sorted heats
Invitational: Four rounds Invitational racing
Sunday, May 26

Driver's meeting
Open: Main events 1, 2, and 3
Invitational: Four rounds racing
Awards presentation
We are very excited to keep the tradition of the Reedy Race of Champions alive and look forward to seeing all of you next week.

Thank you very much,
Scotty