R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RSX Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 05:04 AM
Krio
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
Hi there, I need some assistance if possible with my Tekin RSX.

I raced last night running a 5.5T motor and all was fine all night. Motor temps were 42C and ESC temps never went above 48C.

I was looking for more speed on the straight so all i altered was increasing the Turbo from 15 to 25 degrees and the ramp rate from 2 to 5. Motor timing unchanged from 30 degrees.

I just ran the car and the ESC cut out as it accelerated. Now it won't turn on. There is no smell of anything burnt out and no visible signs at all?

Is there a fuse or something that can be reset/swapped or is it a case of sending it in? I live in the UK and the ESC was bought second hand about 6 months ago. What is my best course of action?
There isn't a fuse, but something could have acted like one somewhere in the system. Does the radio turn on when the esc is plugged in? Do different batteries work? Can you load an older software version on the ESC or does the computer not recognize it? Can you verify the on/off switch works?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to eliminate other possibilities before you resort to mailing it in.