Old 05-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Darkstorm05
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think that the track is going to play into this quite a bit. Both of my young kids started out with an Associated RTR SCT. When they ran on bigger outdoor tracks, the other kids 90% of the time were running a Slash and it was all pretty even footing. When we ran on a carpet track, my kids looked at it as a free race because the Slash drivers just couldn't make it work as well on the tight high traction surface since nobody really did any setup or changes. When my daughter had a few races under her belt and moved to a TLR 22 4.0 on carpet it ate the SCT's alive as long as she kept it clean.

All that being said, when my other kids are ready to race, they'll inherit the same AE SCT, because it just worked. It forgives mistakes, I don't have to care about the body(I added mesh drywall tape and shoe goo to the inside...it could survive being run over by a tank after that change) and I don't have to worry about the tires, setup, etc., because the stock stuff will all run "Good enough" for a novice on pretty much every surface we've taken it to.