R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:18 PM
tak4
Tech Addict

Hello, beautiful people of Rctech,

I am looking to get back into RC racing and have set my sights on the RTR version of the Ultima 6.6. I was a Kyosho driver and I would like to get back into this class with one of their offerings.

I have had quite a bit of experience racing so I am aware that the RTR versions usually have some limitations but I just can't afford a full race package right now. I do have a few questions about how this will hold up though.

What are the main disadvantages of the RTR kit (minus electronics). I am worried about the plastic shocks and the shock caps popping off... how big of an issue is this, Can this car take a hard knock and continue to race? or would a race incident see me retire every time? How much less durable is it compared to the kit version?

I'm thinking the parts would be mostly interchangeable but are there any curveballs that I should be aware of? Anyone raced one of these yet and how does it compare in terms of race capabilities to the kit version.

I think my major concerns are just durability. I will be replacing the electronics with a Savox servo, LRP flow ESC and an orion 17.5 turn motor immediately. Also my batts are a bit puffed. Will they still fit this car?

Thanks. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Have a good one.