R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D216 1/10 2WD Buggy!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 05:08 AM
chrisimp
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Never had issues with swinging around the center point. What surface are you on? how is slow speed turning, can you afford to remove grip from the rear to allow the rotation to be increased (harder springs, roll bar 1.4, stiffer oil to stop the lean, top link position/washer spacing) battery inline or sideways. I mainly run on high grip and have to run a front roll bar to limit the amount of turn sometimes.

One thing at a time, each round and see what effect the change made, one thing Ive found about the d216 is the smallest change can make a great difference so easy to go to far one way or the other.

Another thing I found felt nice was to increase the width/track of the front by adding 2mm spacers to the wishbone mounting points on the bulkhead. also I run 20k diff oil pretty much everywhere now!.... Ball diff might be in for the weekend if it arrives in time for me to build it so that will be interesting to see the changes!

Edit: I also run the std chassis now with brace washers turned upside down and a b6.1D waterfall/chassis brace on the transmission which has locked down the rear end so not asmuch flex there allowing the suspension at the rear to do the work and the front flexes more for the front end traction etc

Chris

Last edited by chrisimp; 05-08-2019 at 05:18 AM.