R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura XI Sport
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:07 AM
moparSRT
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Totallyosho
"moparSRT
A properly built XI with the shock collars all the way up will have 3mm ride height front and 4mm ride height rear, and this is for a roller with no electronics ... add the electronics and battery and ur chassis will be on the ground."

That's quite different isn't it? A bare minimum of 5mm vs touching.
Yes the current XI will sit at 3/4mm ride height, but yours is not the current one, its the older XI which sits at 5.5mm ... so no difference here. Also different tires will change ride height
Originally Posted by moparSRT
My new built xi sits at 5.5mm ride height without any electronics installed with the stock springs and the shock collars all the way up, 4mm droop. 3rd hole in on top and outside hole on the arm.

Originally Posted by Totallyosho
I didn't do that at full extension, I did it with the car sitting on the ground, battery etc inside. If the spring imposes a 25mm lenght to the compression (so the bare minimum to have it captive), bam, 9mm ride height.
As you said yourself, the spring should not have to be loose to reach 5mm: "moparSRT With ride height and droop properly set the springs will never be loose ...", but here we are.
So why are you adjusting the collar down if your car already sits at 5mm ... you do understand that's why you are getting 9mm ride hieght and if you continue turning it more im sure you will go past 10mm ... but why when you want to be around 5mm

The spring will never feel loose with the weight of the car on it ...

I'm starting to feel like we are beating a dead horse here, you said it yourself that with the collars all the way up you are at 5mm ... the only reason you are at 9mm is because you set it there.