R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura XI Sport
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Totallyosho
"moparSRT
A properly built XI with the shock collars all the way up will have 3mm ride height front and 4mm ride height rear, and this is for a roller with no electronics ... add the electronics and battery and ur chassis will be on the ground."

That's quite different isn't it? A bare minimum of 5mm vs touching.

That's what I said, yes.

I didn't do that at full extension, I did it with the car sitting on the ground, battery etc inside. If the spring imposes a 25mm lenght to the compression (so the bare minimum to have it captive), bam, 9mm ride height.
As you said yourself, the spring should not have to be loose to reach 5mm: "moparSRT With ride height and droop properly set the springs will never be loose ...", but here we are.
As long as ride height and droop are set in the correct order and set to what you want it at, the gap of the top of the spring to the adjustment collar has no bearing on the the chassis settings. The only person I've ever seen look at that gap was Paul Lemiux, and he only used it as a reference comparison to see if his droop settings where similar from side to side, BUT this was just for quick reference and final droop was still set using the normal procedure. this would only show up if you are running large amounts of droop as well..........but like I said not usually used.