R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PN Championship Race @ Tracks Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM
bang22nd
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EMU
I love as much info called in a race as can be. Knowing the gaps constantly can change how you drive the race. You can often see the gaps on a small track, but a large track it is often difficult see. If I am in 2nd, I want to know if I am closing on the leader, and if not, it might change my driving to solidify 2nd rather than push to catch the leader and risk losing the position in an incident. In general, I felt like I was on my own to judge gaps, positions were called, but gaps werent. It was the only real gripe of the event for me.

In the result sheets, I like to see driver, laps/time, gap to car ahead, gap to leader, fast lap, avg top 5, avg top 10, avg lap, and % deviation.
Knowing this data can help easily see where the improvement can come from. High % deviation with lower finishing result means that there is strong consistency, but the car needs to have a little more pace. Lower % deviation with a good fast lap and avg top 5 but lower top 10 and avg lap shows that the car is inconsistent but fast, meaning effort should be placed on calming the car down to be more consistent. Of course, there are other variables like traffic and incidents, but as a driver you will know if there are incidents in the race and how it effects data. In general, I like to try to have over 90% deviation. If it is over 95%, then it might be time to look for a little more pace if the fast lap is not within a tenth of the fastest laps of other drivers.

Live RC is great to have, do they now use RC Scoring Pro, or is Live Time now taking the place of that. When I last was working with a club and Live RC, we were using RC Scoring Pro, as it was the only software applicable at the time (2012 era). We are interested in switching to Live RC now that they have announced that it would be compatible with EZ Lap hardware (which it was not before).
photos are on tracks web site, this forum won't allow me to post the link