R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T4'19 SPEC
Thread: XRAY T4'19 SPEC
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 06:18 PM
belewis01
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InTheZoneAC
-When you say side piece are you talking about the ring that attaches to the spool to give the belt two sidewalls to rest inside? The front spool has been properly assembled, the flat parts are facing the belt and the bulge of the ring is on the outside.
-The hubs are locked into the bulkhead supports otherwise I wouldn't be able to fit the spool down in place.
-The upper plate is fine, although one end seems flimsy since it's a split design, but that's normal.

There's still some servo mount material (the servo screw with rubber grommet) sticking out about .5mm-1mm from the aluminum brace. I already trimmed the rubber away since it was sticking out a lot more and was pressing against the belt initially, but are tolerances so tight around the belt that it would rub the aluminum servo mount even without a servo installed? I still am thinking the belt itself was one part of the issue since it didn't lay flat. There was always a part of it that wanted to twist. I know it's thin, but still.
Nobody uses the rubber grommets on the servo for electric cars. Not sure about nitro, but I doubt it.