R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PN Championship Race @ Tracks Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 05:17 PM
bang22nd
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EMU
I had noticed the Lithium cars had more power. I added a bunch of weight under my cells to calm the car down. I weighed in at 184g. I also used 21mm rear wheels to try to get enough top end to catch Paul. He still had some legs on me, since he was using a smaller rotor, but I did not want to change the rotor at the time.

I had not planned to race this class, but since the other classes had been cancelled due to low registration, I moved into it. I am not really a fan of "restrictor plate" racing in this scale, especially because I feel that LiPo and AAA are not really balanced with the difference in motors. I would have preferred if there were a slight advantage to AAA in speed compared to Lithium.
I completely agree on all of that, I was not looking to run pan car but they canceled modified and was forced to try, I couldn't get a car to work consistently in pan and just decided to complete races while pulling over for grant every lap or getting yelled at for not moving for the leader, like it was a one car race, granted he was by far the fastest.
You would enjoy a day of racing up at mc3, several really fast guys with loads of advice, Tim and I try to make it up there 1 time a month, loads if fun. Let us know if you decide to make the trip and we'll meet you up there if we can.