R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCHourglass DIY Lap Timing (AKA Cano revised)
Old 04-21-2019, 05:06 PM
quad4racing
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mv4wd
Unfortunately if the board is the one I've found online, it's not able to support the project, since the chip max frequency is 67 MHz, whereas the PSOC CY8C5888LTI-LP097 runs at 80MHz in my software. I'm afraid this would make it not compatible.
I thought any PSoC5LP board would work since their all based on the ARM3 architecture. Poor assumption on my part.

I will be returning it and ordering the one you recommend. I have no experience with these Cypress boards, and unfortunately they seem rather complicated in figuring out what it is you're getting. I think putting the link to the board in the section where you detail the construction of the decoder would be helpful for newbies like myself.

Anyways, thank you for your detailed response! Their's a good chance I would've been banging my head off the wall not knowing what was wrong for a long time if I had been able to use that chip.

Edit:

Ordered from your link and I was sent just the SMT chip, no development board, no programmer. Not gonna be usable for the project. I got one coming from ebay now. Thanks anyway though. That website is confusing.

Last edited by quad4racing; 05-01-2019 at 09:47 AM.